Today’s eye makeup is inspired by nebulae and the tropics; a scorching mix of hot pink, orange and bright yellow, which I’ve been wanting to showcase for a while now.
Shooting Haute Macabre’s new collaboration with RockLove Jewelry made for a good enough reason to do this. Besides, it’s summer, and a section of my hair is a complementary purple at the moment – all stars aligned, so to speak. This dramatic look is easy and fast, because we’ll be using a large eyeshadow brush for max coverage and blending power.
Makeup, styling and photos by me
- Sugarpill eyeshadows: Dollipop, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Goldilux
- Mac eyeshadow in Contrast for the brows. Not pictured: an angled brush for eyebrows
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara
- A large eyeshadow brush
- Eyeshadow sponge applicator
- After your base and brows are on, begin by applying Dollipop to the outer edges of the crease and eye with the large brush, blending outward, and contouring the crease.
- Shake off excess eyeshadow, and with the same brush apply Flamepoint to the middle of the eyelid, blending upward toward the brow and a bit over Dollipop, too
- Apply Buttercupcake to the inner corner of the eye, blending a little with Flamepoint and pushing the color up to the inner edge of brow and down around the inner eye corner, about 2/3rds of the way around the bottom of the eye
- With a damp sponge applicator, dab a small amount of Goldilux under, and in the inner corners of the eye. Pull a bit of this color along the upper lash line.
- Mascara, 3 coats
I topped the look off with my trusty clear Glassy Gloss on the lips. Done!